CHARLOTTE – Ten small business owners from the Carolinas will pitch their business growth proposals live to a panel of experts at SCORE Charlotte’s Pitch for Growth 2023 final competition.
The event starts at 5 p.m. Nov. 16 at the Mint Museum, 2730 Randolph Road in Charlotte. The public is invited to attend the event but must register in advance by contacting SCORE Charlotte. Register at https://score.tfaforms.net/17?EventID=a105a00000Cisv0.
The 10 finalists selected from a pool of more than 70 entries are as follows:
• Anthony Cirillo of Sage Stream, Huntersville.
• Janelle and David Hurst of Legacy Rose Management in Charlotte.
• Janelle Williams of C & J Chicken Fish & More in Charlotte.
• Kevin Crawford of Two Sockz Productions in Charlotte.
• Lutuanga Lubika of Surefire Neighborhood Market in Rock Hill.
• Mahobia-Thawait-Valivert of Dis Chefs in Charlotte.
• Rachel Price, The Learning Habitat in Indian Trail.
• Roudy Unk of Flowmotion Inc. in Charlotte.
• Shawanna Midleton of Eunette Hair Essentials in Charlotte.
• Sydney Miller of The Nomadic Jeweler in Cornelius.
“The 2023 SCORE Charlotte Pitch for Growth gave the small business owners in the 13 North Carolina and three South Carolina counties an awareness of SCORE and the tools we have to support them on their journey of realizing financial success,” said Barbara Brill, president of SCORE Charlotte. “The 10 lucky finalists are receiving one-on-one mentoring and valuable professional advice on how to present their business from a nationally recognized business coach, Dr. Sharita Humphreys. Everyone comes out of this experience with a ‘win.’”
The panel of judges for the competition includes:
• Rocio Gonzalez-Zornosa, executive director of the Women’s Business Center of Charlotte.
• Hannah Horne, owner of HSquared and producer/anchor of “Inside Carolina.”
• Gary Michel, former chair and CEO of JELDWEN Inc.
• Fabi Preslar, founder and president of SPARK Publications
• Norm Randall, certified business performance advisor with Insperity HR Services Inc.
The winner receives $5,5000. Second and third place receives $2,500 each. A People’s Choice Award will be awarded determined by the audience in attendance.
U.S. Bank is a presenting sponsor. The competition is also supported by Steele Creek Printing and Design, Hope Pigge Certified Public Accountant and Mauve.